Chiyoda Dai-Ni Bldg
Phone: 03 6385 2818 , Fax: 03 6318 2633
Waseda International School in Tokyo is a caring community, committed to providing each student with a high quality, holistic education that instills a conscientious worldview, a love and respect for all cultures, a zeal for lifelong learning, and a passion for personal excellence. In addition to a strong English Literacy Program, the school is committed to helping our students build a strong foundation in the Japanese language, educating them to be international, multicultural and multilingual thinkers with a strong sense of community and social responsibility. At Waseda International School, Japanese Language and Culture are taught every day, using the Japanese Ministry of Education authorized textbooks within the guidelines of the Japanese National Curriculum. Students are grouped by ability, with levels ranging from Beginner, Japanese-as-a-Foreign Language (JFL) to Native-Japanese (NJ). The school also has an ESL program using a curriculum that is taught entirely in English which is aimed at developing fluency in its students. Summer school and afterschool programs are also available.
What makes Waseda International School different
- Private school level American education enriched with extra units of Second language, Art, Music and Sports
- Strong Japanese program offered daily
- Includes international Preschool and Kindergarten programs
- High teacher to student ratio
- Extensive After school and Saturday School programs complementing the curriculum
- Truly affordable school: we offer the lowest tuition & fees amongst international schools in Tokyo
- School calendar incorporating Japanese national holidays
The school is committed to these goals:
- To provide a nurturing, stimulating and fun learning environment.
- To provide a broad and well-balanced education, following and complementing an American curriculum with a dynamic international perspective.
- To ensure that all children are provided with the resources and opportunities to learn and develop to the best of their ability, as well as encourage and support students’ efforts to excel beyond the curriculum expectations.
- To help children explore their talents and find their passion in order to achieve to their highest potential.
- To help students build a strong foundation in Japanese language and culture.
- To promote the rules of mutual respect, cooperative behavior and tolerance for others in accordance with the School’s Core Values.
- To keep classes to a low number to enable teachers to focus upon the children’s varied abilities, interests, needs, and learning styles.
- To recognize and respect each student’s individuality and help students develop their unique abilities and talents.
- To provide a comprehensive range of extra-curricular activities to assist with the learning, development and fulfillment of students.