The Japanese Labour Ministry says more than 2,000 graduates have had their job offers retracted, the figure is twice that of 1998’s (see Record-worst 2,000 graduates see job offers canceled, Japan Times).
According to Amelia Gray, you can secure your career prospects by tailoring and targeting your studies at one of the recession-proof career fields listed in her Yahoo feature article “Top In-Demand Careers of 2009” for Keller Graduate School of Management.
Among the recession-proof career fields she lists are:
2) law – legal careers with specialized training include:
3) IT (on the rise are these specific jobs):
4) Creative careers including:
- graphic designer
- desktop publisher
- motion graphics specialist
5) Office management personnel including
- administrative assistants
- customer service representatives
— and they should come with these skills to ensure their demand:
Read in more detail “Top In-Demand Careers of 2009” at Education Yahoo.