The purpose of OEA American Preschool is to educate our students to become very well rounded individuals. Oak English Academy (OEA) was founded in 1991. Its basic academic goal is not only to educate our students in English but to use English in the process of learning. The school aims to have its students learn the importance as well as the pleasure of learning. To achieve this, the school lessons are not just about learning English. The students are taught manners, how to communicate among themselves as well as with adults. The school believes that these aspects are very important to prepare the students for learning English. In the process of reaching their goals each student also learns the importance of trying their best and the pleasure of accomplishing a task. This is a very practical learning method that helps our students to learn naturally and it also can be used in other subjects.
The school strives to reach the following goals:
- Produce an atomosphere that will enhance leaning.
- Apply positive reinforcement so children will have confidence and good self image.
- Promote the understanding of internationalization by having children understand and appreciate ethnical and cultural differences.
- Develop confidence in children so they learn to welcome new challenges rather than fear it.
- Promote creativity through various learning centers and teach children to use their imaginations to the fullest.
- Develop in each student mastery skills in learning and communication.
- Teach the child the importance of learning as well as making the child look forward to attending school.
- Teach the child through daily tasks to be responsible and independent.
- Develop a level of competency in English for each student.