West Tokyo Preschool website: http://www.westtokyopreschool.com/#Program
Location: 2-5-5 Tama-cho, Fuchu, Tokyo 183-0002
Phone/Fax: 042-363-8419 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
WTP was formerly known as West Tokyo Nursery and originally created to meet the needs of ASIJ teachers and the foreign business community near ASIJ. It has now expanded to include children of English speaking multi-cultural families in the West Tokyo area. It was incorporated with and continues to maintain an American cultural atmosphere and celebrates and observes American holidays and customs. WTPS offers morning program is from 9:00am to 1:00pm for 3, 4 and 5 year old children but 4 and 5 year olds can stay until 3:00pm during which time more advanced instruction takes place.
WTP believes in an open environment in which each child is free to investigate and experiment. Play is a child’s way of learning. Through play a child meets new challenges and gains understanding of his/her environment. A trained teacher and assistant are with the children at all times. The curriculum offers a balance of individual and group activities designed to promote creativity, self-esteem, language development, cognitive skills, physical fitness, environment awareness and social skills. WTP’s program prepares children for ASIJ and other International schools, so all instruction is in English.
The West Tokyo Preschool prepares children to:
- Express effectively through verbal and non-verbal communication for social and academic purposes.
- Become literate in reading and writing the English language.
- Develop self-confidence and self-awareness about themselves.
- Develop self-awareness about their environmental surroundings.
- Develop an understanding and appreciate different ethnicities, cultures, gender, and values.
- Develop an understanding and/or awareness about communities.
- Become participants in contributing to the communities.
- Become effective and analytical thinkers and problem solvers.
The lessons and/or activities provided in the classroom setting comply with these goals and meet the standards of the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC), Council of Exceptional Children (CEC), and Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL).
2 thoughts on “West Tokyo Preschool (Fuchu, Tokyo)”
so great school !
but..house is too old and denger/