Starfall Website: http://www.starfall.com/
About the Starfall Curriculum
A Reading/Language Arts curriculum that is magical, creative, sequential, integrated, and combines content area instruction in Social Studies and Science – that’s kindergarten, the Starfall Way.
Starfall uses fantasy as a springboard for motivating children to use their natural sense of wonder and curiosity to enhance learning. Children interact with Starfall characters in the classroom as well as through stories, songs, rhymes, practice books, writing journals, and activities online.
For the past five years, Starfall has been busily developing this unique kindergarten curriculum in conjunction with a team of over 150 teachers and educators. The result is a field-tested program that includes complete lesson plans, support materials, and interactive companion website at more.starfall.com. Our dynamic Kindergarten Language Arts Program includes:
- Opportunities for child-directed learning
- Target skills that are introduced then meaningfully applied, integrated, and practiced repeatedly throughout the year
- Specially designed lesson plans to meet the needs of English Language Learners and Struggling Readers alongside their peers
- Interactive technology that incorporates visual, auditory, and kinesthetic learning
- Materials appropriate for kindergarten classrooms and homeschoolers
- A curriculum that is teacher-tested, research-based, and meets state standards
- Motivation for children to learn and have fun at the same time
To learn more about the 2009-10 Starfall Kindergarten Reading and Language Arts program, materials, and new companion website please contact us today at firstname.lastname@example.org.