Updated: Mar 2015
- Academic ability, poverty, dropouts all linked, high school study says
- All about the hensachi
- Balancing jr. high school life, afterschooling and juku
- Cram-free policy ditched in plan for high schools
- Disqualified for High School entry by sloppy grooming? / Poverty stricken high schoolers
- Getting into baseball high schools
- Grading scale of high school – university
- Guidebook for entering senior high school (Shizuoka Prefecture)
- Heading for high school overseas?
- High school textbooks revised to boost and plug gaps of learning resultign from cram-free edu-policy
- Homeschool help through tsushin sei distance learning programmes or daiken support schools for high school years
- How parents choose a junior high school
- Information on high schools & on high school enrolment
- MEXT report: Japanese high school students say they enjoy high school life, but appear to have low self-esteem compared to their counterparts in the US, China and S. Korea
- Multicultural Free School helps internationals get into J. high schools
- Navigating the Tokyo high school minefield: a foreign parent’s tale
- The Gaijin’s Guide for Surviving High School Entrance Examinations
- The KOSHIEN: The national high school baseball tournament
- Tracking and High School
- Sempai-cohai culture kicks in during JHS (jr high school)
- So your kid is in competitive sports?
- Who can take the high school entrance examination?
3 thoughts on “HEADING FOR HIGH SCHOOL”
As a single non-japanese parent its hard to find affordable HIGHSCHOOL where they teach a lot of ENGLISH as my kid is half-japanese but I cant afford international education.Where can I find affordable SCIENCE and MATH-classes in addition to highschool-entance-exams? I live in Tokyo,Setagaya-ward
I’m a foreign, 3rd year junior high school student, and I’m preparing to take the essay examinations at Tokyo Metropolitan Kokusai high school, and I was wondering if you could help me by critiquing the essays I wrote on my blog? If you also happen to know anyone who was an alumni, or have worked as a teacher there, if it’s okay, could you give me his/her contact details? This is a big step on my life here in Japan as a foreigner, and I want to do my best, but competing with so many other students, admission is not guaranteed for me. So, any kind of help, advice, or anything would be greatly appreciated! And thank you for this blog! 🙂
Sorry, we are not equipped to help you. Wishing you good luck with your efforts, A.K.